Thursday, August 27, 2009

Check, Please!

Listeners know that I've been wanting to make a cute wallet for myself. I've tried a few times with no success (too big, too small, too wonky). I finally had a breakthrough this week!

I made both a "hold everything" wallet with some of my own touches (See tutorial here: That Darn Kat) and a checkbook cover of my own design. They were so much fun!! I have to save that interfacing definitely made a big difference.


That Darn Kat's Tutorial is great, with very clear photos and directions for a quilted wallet:





New Podcast in production - look for it this Sunday!

Hugs,
The Cupcake

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Are you going to share how you made the checkbook cover?? Your wallet looks great!

Kelly @ PatchworkAndPaperPiecing said...

Bring them this weekend so I can drool please!!

Becky said...

I have the material with the words on it...pink background...by Heidi Grace...it is one of the key materials picked out months ago for the tent I am supposed to be making for Princess's bunkbed. Supposed to have it done in two weeks. I've only made the door...
Love your wallets!

Anonymous said...

That is a great project, and wonderful fabric!! I can see that I would like to make one of these for my sister, sister in law and mother in law.
Thanks for sharing the great ideas, Ann in Texas