Sunday, November 7, 2010

Basket Remix


I'm rather happy with how this quick basket project turned out. I was inspired by a similar basket in the Fabric Remix book. I was on the lookout for an antique basket, but couldn't find one. So, I bought a bright aluminum basket, and painted it with some matte nickel spray paint.  It did the trick, making the basket less shiny and more vintage-looking.

Her example had tape measures woven through it. I changed it up a bit by adding some zippers, and tying pretty scraps to the top handle.

It's the perfect size to hold my 6 inches and smaller square rulers. I like keeping them close at hand, and now, I can just drop them in the basket after using them - easy peasy!

Working on a new podcast, plan to post later today!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Katrina said...

What a cute project!

Nancy said...

What a cute idea. I love the tapes and zippers. I have a few I probably won't ever use. Hmmmm.

Mama Pea said...

Cute! Looking forward to your podcast!