Monday, March 30, 2009

Inspiration

Episode Two is Posted on iTunes! Show Notes:

This week's projects:

Market Bags:



DPN Needle Case


Log Cabin Pillow















Quilt magazines
My favorites: BHG Quilts and More
Websites: allpeoplequilt.com
Modabakeshop.com
Retail Therapy
Target, Ikea, Pier One, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel
Savage Mill
Lucy and Ethel’s

Flickr- I'm Quilted Cupcake
Check out: Syko.fi

Some of my favorite Flickr groups:

Sew Mama Sew; Fabric, Patchwork and Quilting;
Amy Butler Fans; Bend the Rules Sewing
Craft Rooms; Operation: Sewing Room Organization
Book Review: The Crafter’s Companion
- Edited by Anna Torborg, 160 pages, $16.95
Link: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Crafters-Companion/Anna-Torborg/e/9781905005178/?itm=1

Amy Karol
http://angrychicken.typepad.com/
Bend the Rules Sewing
www.amykarol.com

Tip of the Week
Don’t neglect your old books and magazines.
My Question
What inspires you?

Comments
Please, share your tips and comments
Let me know what you’d like to see in upcoming shows
Please leave feedback on Itunes.
Contact: quiltedcupcake@gmail.com

7 comments:

Janis said...

I really enjoy your podcast. You do a great job. Ways that I get inspired, besides the ways you mentioned in you podcast, are my fellow quilting friends. I love my quilting groups I belong to and we get ideas from each other all the time. We will do organized block swaps and round robins, and that will stretch my creativity. I also get inspirerd by great podcasts like yours. Keep it up. Don't stop!

Kelly @ PatchworkAndPaperPiecing said...

Episode 2 did not disappoint! Thanks for the shout outs!

Ellyn said...

just found your podcast & really enjoyed the first two episodes! I can relate to so much you talk about. Another website where I get inspiration is Etsy.com (I know I know, you're supposed to buy stuff, not borrow ideas!). Keep up the good work!

Kaye said...

Just finished listening to your first two podcasts, very enjoyable. I recently completed a wallhanging that was inspired by an ad I got in the mail, so I'm with you. Inspiration can come from anywhere. Looking forward to episode 3! Good luck with your quilting and the podcasts.

Jon said...

Awesome awesome podcast! I'm a amateur blogger/crafter/podcaster, and your podcast has been a great help. I've only listened to the first two episodes so far; can't wait to listen to the rest. =) Keep up the good work!

Hishandmaid said...

Another great podcast! Thanks for the heads up on the book! As far as inspiration. I think I one of the least creative persons there is. I have to have a pattern, and then, (this goes for knitting and cooking), stray from the pattern to do my own thing. I have to have some foundation to work off first!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the podcast! caint wait to catch up! what inspires me is EVERTHING! when i walk into a store (ie hobby lobby) i will find a neat piece of fabric and a while quilt will come to mind, when playing with my kids out doors my son will bring me some flowers and i will have to take a picture of them to keep for color inspiration later on when the snow comes, driving down the interstate to yah-yah's house i will take pictures of the clouds and try to recreate the curves and billows in my quilting and paintings. life in general inspires me to be honest but if it didnt it wouldnt be much of a life.