Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's Curtains for You, Curtains!


Ok, just realized the title of this post only works if you do it in a Bugs Bunny voice....go ahead, I'll wait......see, now it works!

These are the curtains I made, discussed on Episode 27 of the podcast. They're far from perfect, but they work for me. I loved that I was able to use vintage material for them. Yep, it's the same fabric I used to line my Buttercup Bag. I can't remember where I got this thrifted fabric, but I'm sure I wouldn't have paid more than $5 or $6 for it - not a bad deal for curtains that make me smile!

Working on the next podcast, hope to have it posted this weekend.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Beautiful! I'm right there with you feeling the pain of making curtains. The sewing itself is not hard, but cutting those huge pieces and making sure everything is even is not fun.

Unknown said...

These are very retro circa 1950s SO YOU ARE IN FASHION ! I have been seeing a lot of retro fabrics circa 50s, 60s and 70s at the quilt/craft markets. If you trace the fabric styles back to their origins you would be surprized at what is new is really old and reproduction.

My mother's living room drapes were similar to this fabric except she had a very dark almost black background on the fabrics...

ENJOY your lovely curtains and be proud. They would have cost $400 to have custom made drapes like that back in the 70s. I know cause that is what I did to pay for college...sew draperies.

.

Stephanie in Michigan said...

Hi Jean, your curtains are so cute. It's great you're getting so much out of the fabric (bag and curtains!). I love your sense of humor, too. Just listened to your most recent podcast today. We are traveling in the car to a national conference. Thanks for helping me pass the time in such a pleasant way!