Friday, June 18, 2010

More Tutorial Love

Here's the Raw Edge Circle Quilt from the Cluck Cluck Sew tutorial.  I loved how Allison used the American Jane Wee Play fabrics, so I had to do the same.  Much better than having them sit all pretty on the shelf.  This tutorial, like all of hers, was so easy to follow.  I am thrilled with how it turned out - much smaller than her original version, but I still love it.

Now, on to the next step -- any thoughts on how to quilt it?  I wouldn't mind trying something besides my standard stipple/free motion.  What do you think?

3 comments:

Kelly @ PatchworkAndPaperPiecing said...

Love, Love, Love this! Can't wait to see it in person!

CreationsForEleanor said...

I saw a quilt recently, and of course I cannot remember where at this moment, that had followed the shapes. What I mean is that perhaps you could do circles in circles and squares outside of the circle. Not sure if that makes sense. . .
I am finally caught up on all your podcasts, cannot wait for the next one!

CreationsForEleanor said...

The cover of the July/August issue of McCalls has a really neat circle design quilted in it. The quilt is on the cover and again on pg 50. You have to look close,it is like a spiral on the hot pink squares. Looks neat!