Thursday, December 9, 2010

What's Up With SeamedUP?

I wanted to give all of our supporters an update on where our team stands with SeamedUP.  The short story is that we have built a great site.  It does all the things we wanted as modern fabric crafters ourselves.  However, after some initial testing, we found out that we need to move to a much larger dedicated server to make the site work properly.  If only one or two people are on the site, it works beautifully.  But, that’s just not good enough.

If you want the long story of how we arrived at this place, please check out our new blog: http://seamedup.blogspot.com – it has all the background information on the site, and what we’re planning next.  I've added a link to the blog on my sidebar, too.

As the team that gave birth to SeamedUP, we’ve come to the conclusion that we can’t raise this baby alone.  We need some loving aunts and uncles to help us.  That’s where you come in – we’re asking for your help.  If each person who reads this would donate just $10, we'll be able to host the site for the next year, after then, we expect to be self-sufficient.  We’re confident that you’ll be happy with the end result.  In fact, if you don’t like the site when it’s launched, we’ll refund your donation.    Seriously, the blog will have a “refund” button where you can request your money back. 

If you’d like to help, please visit our blog by clicking here: http://seamedup.blogspot.com and make your donation today.  Just think of the bragging you can do when this little baby grows into a happy, successful adult.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Jean, Brye Lynn and Allison



3 comments:

AJ (The Quilting Pot Podcast) said...

Definitely worth the donation. I grabbed the button and posted on my blog... "I Knit N Quilt 2".

AJ (KnittyAJ)

Mama Pea said...

Jean,

I wanted to follow up with you to let you know why I haven't come through and registered as one of your test users, even though you sent me all the information. I just have been so busy at work, I haven't been able to take on one more thing. I didn't want to do this if I couldn't give it my 100% and follow through on all the tasks you wanted us to do. So, I am really sorry about that. I hope this goes well and you figure out how to get things rockin and rollin.

All my best,
Stephanie

cupcake said...

seems delicious like my cupcakes