Monday, January 3, 2011

Just a Bit More Christmas to Share

Happy New Year!  Before we move totally out of the holiday season, I wanted to share some photos of my holiday adventures.  One of the highlights of the season is our annual visit to Pennsylvania to visit my oldest and bestest friend, Donna and her kids, about an hour's drive from home.  Each year, Jake looks forward to seeing the fantastic train display Donna's hubby puts up in their family room.  And, we usually plan a fun activity for the kids.

This year, we visited the National Christmas Center, a museum totally devoted to Christmas stuff.  It's in Lancaster County, about an hour from our home base.  It was a very unique place, full of historical Christmas items.  I think the adults got more from it than the kids, as we kept picking out decorations from our youth.   I had 2 favorites that as soon as I saw them, I thought -- I have to share that with the blog readers!

The first is a whole room that's decorated to resemble a Woolworth's Department store at Christmastime - so cool, I wish I could have actually bought some of the vintage toys and decorations they had on display.

Imagine my happiness when I saw this tree full of the elves I love.  I resisted the temptation to hide it under my coat and run for the door ;)
In another room, there was a huge quilt picturing Santa - made from 19,000  One inch squares.  Amazing!  And, it was created by a dude!  Click on the picture below to get a bigger view.  Simply stunning.

Hope everyone had a great holiday.

I'm looking forward to spending another great year with you here on the blog!

No comments: