Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Baby Bib Weekend

Had fun over the long holiday weekend making some new baby things for my shop.  I've finally made a baby bib pattern that I like.  I kept having issues with the neck being too small when using velcro fasteners.  No more, though!  I backed the denim one with flannel, will definitely do more like that!


 And, I was able to use the new shutter backdrop I made last weekend, courtesy of my ReStore find! Made photographing this taggie blanket much easier!  I'm digging the clothesline look.  And, I can move the shutter to use it wherever I like (inside, outside).


Finally, I made an owl bib and taggie for the shop.  Photographed this before the shutter was ready - I like the photos above better.

What crafty projects did you work on this past weekend?  Please share in the comments!

7 comments:

~The Bargain Babe said...

Love the shutter backdrop! I'm working on my first ever rag quilt for a baby boy. :)

Ashley said...

absolutely adorable:)

Lisa said...

Love the owl fabric! I saw a little girls pillowcase dress made out of the same fabric at my LQS.

LisaAnn said...

I saw a pair of shutters at the thrift shop today but didn't get them because I didn't want to copycat you ;) But I did think of you :)

My find today was a set of gorgeous antique silverware that I'm going to *gasp* paint the handles on because they are horribly tarnished but incredibly detailed and beautiful!


No sewing because they kept my machine this morning when I took it in for an issue :( I am bereft without it boohoohoo.

LisaAnn said...

Oh, lol, I love the owl bib and the denim/flannel one too! You always do such nice work :) I agree with you btw- the neck holes are always too small.

Chef in Training said...

these are so cute! great job! I found your blog through a link party and i LOVE it! I love making new blog friends! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

I was making bibs and coming across the same problem with the neck being too small. I came up with the idea to add ribbon to the ends to make the back tie instead of velcro. I did that on my newest blog post with the dog bib if you want to take a look...