Thursday, May 19, 2011

New Business Cards

I made myself some new business cards the other day, based on a fabulous idea posted by Amy Dunn - her blog is called Lots of Pink Here.   I found the idea through a Flickr group, and had to try it immediately.   


I like how each one is different.  Maybe not the best branding approach, but they are at least unique, and probably more likely to be saved and shared than a standard card.


I was about to order more of the printed cards from Vistaprint, but I'm glad I found this idea first.  I like that they can be changed as needed.  For example, my old cards don't have my new web address.   Or, I could do a promotional code for my Etsy shop on just a few cards.  The possibilities are endless.

I can do a tutorial, but it's a pretty easy process.
You create the cards in Word, then sew scraps of fabric to them.  

I'll talk more about the cards and other fun branding and promotion ideas in my upcoming Etsy podcast, which I plan to post this Sunday, along with a special bonus freebie.

BTW, if you have an Etsy tip to share for the podcast, please email it to me: quiltedcupcake@gmail.com.  If I use your tip, I'll of course give you credit!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

These cards are amazing - I wouldn't want to give them away!

Patty said...

I couldn't get FaceBook to accept this link in my comment. You had asked for Etsy tips: this blogger has some photography tips that you might find helpful: http://viauphotography.blogspot.com/2011/02/picture-of-handmade-soap-with-pure.html

I enjoy your podcasts and am glad you are back! Just wonder how you find the time to keep your Etsy shop stocked :-)!

Linda said...

What a great idea! I've done this for gift cards, but never thought of it for business cards! Thanks!

Lynn said...

What a fun and unique idea! Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to your podcast about Etsy. I don't have any tips for you as I'm hoping to learn something myself. Yesterday I had a chance to catch up on some podcasts and was excited to see that my iTunes had two news ones from you.

Debby, crowefan0517 said...

Hi Jean,

These cards are amazing! I actually didn't realize the design was a piece of fabric at first until I clicked on the link & saw her cards. Then I went back & zoomed in on yours. What an awesome idea! I especially like the cupcake one. Now if I ever get around to having a blog or esty shop I will think of these business cards before I even name my blog/shop. Then I'll name it something that I know will be easy to find novelty fabric for and be able to use it for my business cards. Ha-ha, nothing like thinking ahead of myself.
Did you print the rest of the card yourself?

-debby

Debby, crowefan0517 said...

I had to go back and look at them again. Sooo cute.

-debby
Chester, NY

Jane said...

Great idea! Maybe you could use some home type child labor to mass produce them for you.

Debbie, your comments were too funny!

becciesworld said...

If I ever need business cards, I want them to be fun like these.

Quilting By Celia said...

I love the cards and I'm looking forward to your info in Etsy. Not sure if its popular outside the USA if I consider setting up one. Thanks for the podcats, always enjoy it very much.