Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Janome in the House!

After much consideration, research and justification, this baby's now sitting in my (still unorganized) studio.  It's the Janome 6300P Memory Craft Professional.   After this past weekend's quilt marathon, I realized it was time to invest in a professional quality machine.  My Singer Confidence Quilter (only about a year old) has been acting up, making it harder and harder to use.  Honestly, I think I just worked it into the ground!   The 6300P is perfect for me.  It has all the things I wanted, and none of the stuff I won't use.  And, it's FAST! 

At $1,000, it wasn't an easy decision to make.  However, after just one evening of sewing, I don't think I'll be regretting it.  Besides, I think this sewing thing is going to last for me - it's not a phase.

Look for a more complete review once I've put her through her paces.  And, she needs a name.

Anyone out there have this machine?  Please let me know what you think.

7 comments:

Lindsay Conner said...

I'm sad that your Singer has been acting up--that's almost the same model I use! But, hooray for a fancy new machine. :)

Katie Ringo said...

Congrats on the new edition to your studio! After a while you're gonna wonder why you didn't do it sooner with all the sewing you do!

Susan Osborne said...

Congratulations on the new "baby" I wish my sewing machines had an odemeter- would love to know how many miles I've sewn thru the years!! Sure you will love having a new machine.

Sandy H said...

I inherited the 6600 from my Mom when she passed away and love it. I know you'll love your 6300! They're smooth as silk and workhorses. Can't wait to see what you make with it.

Juanita said...

I have the 6600 and LOVE it. The 6300 and 6600 are great sewing machines!

LisaAnn said...

Wow!!! Congratulations! What a cool purchase :) I had to get a new machine this year too as I had worn out my old Babylock. I got a Brother embroidery/sewing machine and love it. I hope you have many great hours of easy quilting!

Anonymous said...

I need to know more about this machine, what is the measurement from the side of the needle? Is it really 9" or is that for the whole base. Do you have any issues with thread-breakage. Does it free-motion well? Please tell me more, I need to replace my Quantum L-500 like yesterday!