Monday, December 19, 2011

Crafty Christmas Trees, Last Minute Crafting

Here's a collection of Crafty Christmas trees from blogland that I really like.  Of course, I don't have time to make any of them this year.  Bet I'm not the only crafter still working away on Christmas gifts.

I've been known to be working in the studio on Christmas morning (after we've opened presents with the kids) finishing up gifts to be delivered to family later in the day.

However, my personal all-time favorite last minute crafting story is my sister sewing on my wedding gown as I'm wearing it the morning of the wedding.  (If I can find the picture, I'll scan it and post it later).

Please share your favorite crafting until the last minute story in the comments.  I'll read them all and pick my favorite to win a handmade ornament from me.



Wire Christmas Tree by Better Homes & Gardens


Button Tree by Modern Minerals


Quilted Tree by Sew Inspired


Fabric Trees by Landee See, Landee Do


Last minute gift makers, start your creative engines!



4 comments:

Niki said...

Wow, nothing beats the wedding dress story, but a few years ago i did the flowers for a friend's wedding. I'd finished all of the coursages, boutennieres and 4 of the bouquets. Which one wasn't done?
The bride's, of course.
At 3am i was still changing the ribbon wrapping. Then i decided that i needed to change the flowers. Then one of the rose's heads popped off.
The bouquet was finally right and handed to the bride 90 minutes before the wedding.
I will never cut it that close again (okay, i probably will, but it makes me feel better to say it).

Mair said...

When I was in college and dating my soon-to-be-husband, I decided to make a music box with a clay figure on top for my future Mother-in-law. I don't remember all the details, but I do remember staying up very late Christmas eve to paint the clay figures. She still has that gift 30+ years later.

artdollsbysusan@yahoo.com said...

Every year I wait until after Thanksgiving or so to make things t sell in holiday sales. Talk about stress! This year I decided to take the year off and now I really appreciate how stressed that made me! In addition to working full time and being a mom!

DianeP said...

I'm making little styrofoam trees for my niece and nephew. I punched out lots of little butterflies from different colored paper (culled from the inserts in the church bulletins) and am pinning the butterflies to the trees.

After my brother died, I kept seeing butterflies, so these little trees are to help them feel a little better this Christmas.

Blessed Christmas everyone!