I finally finished my very first String Quilt. You may remember my very first post about it in January 2011. I used a pattern by Elizabeth Hartman called "Valentine" in her book, Practical Guide to Patchwork. It's scrappy, but with a bit of a plan. The white strips give it some structure. It's between a double and a queen size - each set of 4 blocks is 24". I'm using it on my bed, just for me. Hubby gets the older quilt now.
Here's a closeup view. I made a scrappy binding using leftover strings. As I said on my Facebook page, I free motion quilted it on my Janome. (Hey, if you don't follow my QuiltedCupcake page, please do - I try to post different stuff there, like updates on this quilt as it went along).