I'm not sure if I've mentioned it here before, so I wanted to let you know that Knit Picks' Shine Sport is one of my all-time favorite yarns. Why?
1. It's super soft - love how it feels to work with it
2. There are a bunch of colors
3. It provides great stitch definition
4. It's a cotton/modal blend (a wood fiber), so it's washable
5. Finished projects have great drape, and feel like silk
6. $2.99 for a 50g skein - all that yarn (17 skeins), with 2 day shipping = $60.
I've never found a yarn for baby projects that I like better, especially for the price. I know Debbie Bliss has some amazing baby yarns, but they're out of my price range. And, some folks swear by acrylics, but I just can't do it.
I'm not a yarn snob by any means (hey, I shop at thrift stores, so no judgement!); however, knitting or crocheting with acrylic feels like I'm using plastic (which is what is used to make acrylic yarn). In contrast, Shine Sport just glides through my fingers. Plus, the finished projects look amazing with Shine Sport.
There is also a Shine Worsted, but I haven't used that one. I'd imagine it would be the same.
Do you have a favorite yarn? Let me know in the comments!