Thursday, January 31, 2013

Palm Springs, CA Quilt Shops

I had some downtime during my recent business trip to Palm Springs, California.  Although I saw lots of consignment and thrift stores while driving around, I only visited quilt shops on this trip.  

The first LQS was called Monica's Quilt and Bead Creations.  I was a little worried that it wouldn't have much fabric.  I was wrong.  This shop was very much my style.  I bought 3 patterns, and some of the Moda Noteworthy line by Sweetwater (LOVE their stuff!).  I think it will work great with the This & That notebook cover pattern.  Can't wait to start it!



The second shop, Quilter's Faire, was smaller, but still had some fun stuff.  I bought a great project kit to make a Popsicle Treat quilt.  It included all this great fabric, and the Sew Charming pattern.  I love how these fabrics all look together.  Plus, it was packaged in a cool tote bag that sold me on it.

Here's a look at the shop sample.  I may replace the Popsicles with cupcakes.  Not sure yet.  



Oh, and have I mentioned there is a special football game this Sunday?  
GO RAVENS!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: