Friday, March 22, 2013

Easy Pom Pom Crafts & Clover Tool Review

If you follow me on Facebook, you know that I've been a little Pom Pom obsessed lately.  In case you missed them there, I wanted to share a few easy pom pom craft ideas here, along with a review of the Clover Pom Pom maker tool.

First, let me show you the fun stuff this clever tool can help you to create.  I absolutely lovely these pom pom flowers - I call them Forever Flowers, because they don't need water and will never die.


This bunch sits right above my computer, and they make me smile every day.

The second project is a Pom Pom garland, also inspired by Margie Romney-Aslett's Spark the Event Online Spring 2013 class.   I did mine a little differently, evenly spacing the pom poms along the string.  


Easy peasy DIY project - just make the pom poms and string them on a doubled strand of yarn threaded through a yarn needle.

So, what's the secret behind this pile of pom poms?


That would be the incredible new Pom Pom maker tools from Clover.  I found them at Hobby LobbyJoann and Michael's.   You can also purchase them directly through Clover.
These are SO much easier to use than the cardboard or plastic circle versions.  And, that fork method I saw on Pinterest totally didn't work for me, BTW. 

Some engineering genius figured out a better mousetrap here.  You just wrap yarn on each swing-out "arm", pop them back in place, cut and tie.  This amazing gizmo allows you to create the best-looking, uniform pom poms.  The Clover tools come in sizes from extra small to extra large, making them super flexible, depending on your project.  And, yes, I bought them all.  Can't wait to try the larger ones with tulle or fabric.

And, I just saw a heart-shaped pom pom maker on their site - can't wait to try that one, too!


Has anyone else done pom pom crafts?  Have any ideas to share?  Please leave a comment with links so I can have an excuse to make more!

Oh, and check out my Pom Pom Crafts board on Pinterest.






1 comment:

LisaAnn said...

Love pompoms too- especially the rickrak trim with them hanging off- too cute! You reminded me that I have one of those Clover pompom makers around here somewhere ;) Still have not gotten all my goodies unpacked post-flood.