Monday, December 6, 2010

Project Night Night Quilt Challenge Complete: 20 Quilts!!!

We did it!  With help from lots of volunteers "elves", we were able to meet our goal of creating 20 handmade quilts for Project Night Night.  Here's a mosaic that shows most of them:


You can also visit the Flickr page to see details of each.

My heartfelt thanks to everyone for their support.  It was a wonderful project, and the organization can't wait to get them.  I heard from their Deputy Director today, who said they'll be distributed immediately, as their need is greatest at this time of year.

I also heard from several participants about how the project allowed them to stretch creatively, and try new techniques, so it's a win-win!

Next year, let's double that number!

7 comments:

Lynn said...

It was fun to participate. Thanks for setting it up. I'll definitely do it again.

Anonymous said...

They're beautiful! Thanks for coordinating this. Sign me up for next year!

Mary Sarah said...

Amazing! What a great project and the quilts are all beautiful!
Way to go!

Mama Pea said...

Kudos to you for organizing this and to those who participated. I am sorry I couldn't partake! Well done to the rest of you!

Anne K. said...

This was really fun, Jean. Thanks so much for pulling all of us together. The quilts look fabulous together!

Anne K. said...

Oh, and you're ON for next year, too...count me in!

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

I absolutely love this. Project Night Night sounds like such a worthy cause. :)