Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Studio Update

Well, half the floor is done in the basement/studio area.  Now, I'm purging and organizing.  Hard to stay on track.  I'm making good use of my Pinterest Creative Studio Spaces board to remind me of the ideas I want to try. Also, here's a new site I just found that has lots of studio storage ideas, cleverly called Crafty Storage. 


As I'm going through this process, I'm wondering if anyone out there has great sewing storage ideas to share.  If so, please leave them in the comments.

Has anyone done the comic book board thing shown on Smashed Peas and Carrots?

And, don't forget, tomorrow's Thrifty Thursday - we had more entries than ever last week (14).  Let's see if we can top that this week.  I know you have great stuff you can share.  I'm pretty flexible - if it's thrifty in any way, please add it to the party!




2 comments:

Colleen said...

Learn from my fail on this. Measure the height of your shelves first. I actually won about a dozen of those boards specially made for storing fabric (much like her comic boards, with small tabs on them to hold the beginning of the fabric. I was quite excited, and folded my fabric around them, then realized they were about 14 inches high, and none of my shelves where that high. I see the comic boards are 10.5 inches - that is probably more manageable.

Sherri said...

I like storing my fabric out of light and easy to find. I used an old file cabinet. My posting on my blog is here:

http://lazyquilter.blogspot.com/2009/12/name-dropper.html

I have never come up with a more clever way to do fabric storage!