Saturday, September 29, 2012

How could I resist this fabric?

Do you ever wonder if fabric designers and manufacturers secretly follow you around to determine which new fabrics they should introduce?  I mean, really, how's a girl supposed to resist?  Especially novelty fabrics. They're just so darn cute.


The problem is, I buy them and rarely use them.  I know I have to stop that, or I'll end up with a fabric collection as large as my "museum" of scrapbook paper that I bought but didn't want to use because it was too pretty.  I ended up giving most of it away.

My recent solution has been to use them for items in my Etsy shop.  At least then, I get to play with them, and know that they're going off to a good home. 

Perfect example -- I found this great balls of yarn fabric, and had to have a yard of each color.  It sat on a shelf for a year, and I finally decided to use it to make crochet hook organizers for my shop.  They're listed here.




Am I the only one who gets attached to fabric?  What fabrics do you find irresistible?  Please tell me I'm not alone.

3 comments:

Michele said...

I'm a huge sucker for those novelty prints too.

Barb said...

I am also a sucker for novelty fabrics and came up with the same solution you did... Make stuff for my Etsy shop. Of course there is no way I could use it all in three lifetimes...

Jackie said...

I am not sure I have a favorite. There are too many fabrics I fall in love with for no reason. Could be they are fun prints or novelty, or the colors. Just love fabric. Jackie