Thursday, October 28, 2010

Project Night Night Quilt Challenge Update

How sweet is this quilt my sister Jan made for the Project Night Night Quilt Challenge?  We both got these retro/repro panels on our trip to Lancaster, and she decided to use a few squares to make a quilt for the charity.

She tried something new on the back, which I really like - she used fleece to work as the batting/backing in one step.  So, she the quilt has two layers - top and a piece of pill-free fleece.  How clever is that?  It's super soft, and I love the definition you get with the stitching on the back.  Bet the kiddies will love it.


So far, I have three quilts to send to the charity - this one, my Thomas quilt, and one I received from Colleen - check out the Flickr group to see pics of her lovely donation!  My goal is to send at least 20.


It's certainly not too late to join our Quilt Challenge - you have until December 1st to complete a crib size quilt.  Please email me if you want to join the challenge, and I'll send you all the details.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I have completed four satin-edge blankets so far for you and have the fixin's for two more. My goal is to have them in the mail to you before Thanksgiving. I don't want to mail them too early and you have to find a place to store them.

Fleece as batting and backing. That's a great idea! Did she do a traditional binding? If not, how did she finish the edges?

Mama Pea said...

I like the idea of that fleece as batting and backing! Excellent!

Cassandra and Alex said...

That quilt is so adorable! When I heard you talk about this project on your podcast I was really moved by what this charity is trying to accomplish. I blogged about Project Night Night soon after to see if I could help spread the word.

My blogmate and I were so inspired by the idea of crafting for those in need, we have organized a charity sewing event in November at a local fabric store. Thanks for inspiring us!

-Cassandra

Quilted Cupcake said...

Thanks so much, all! So excited by this.

Niki said...

The stitches really do pop on the fleece.