Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sewing Spools Studio Mini Quilt

I saw this spool quilt idea posted on Pinterest, and I couldn't wait to try it.  You can download the free PDF pattern at AllPeopleQuilt.com.  This is going to hang in my studio - it has all my favorite colors.


I'm happy with how the free motion quilting turned out.  I also liked how the sample had straight lines to represent thread on the spools.  My one modification was to change the sewing machine included.  The original had a sort of abstract foundation pieced machine that didn't really work for me.  Instead, I did a google search and found a simple machine image that I liked. 

Here's a link to a similar one by A Lemon Squeezy home.

 I saved the drawing, flipped it, printed it, and traced onto fusible applique paper.  I like that it sorta looks like my Singer 201-2.  I added the little heart.  I still need to hand embroider the spool of thread on top of the machine.


10 comments:

Michele said...

Absolutely adorable. All my favorite colors too!

Jane said...

Love this little quilt. Looks like you did a good job!

Superior Threads said...

What a great addition to your quilt room. The colors are so happy!
Ricci
Superior Threads

Kristin said...

So cute! I wish I had a sewing room (a sew at the dining room table) to make it for! I *love* the colors!

Kathy said...

I love this! It's one of my favorites. It will look adorable in your studio.

LisaAnn said...

Adorable! I have this on my Pinterest too ;)

Robyn said...

So cute! I didn't know people actually made anything they pinned! Is that the idea :-)
I'm really good at pinning, but that's where it stops for me!

Unknown said...

This is so adorable! I normally am not a big fan of quilts, but I really love this one. I hope it really makes you happy when you see it in your space.

Anonymous said...

OOh I just love this little quilt!

Alexia said...

Oh! I love this version of my pattern that you made!!!
Would you want to share it to the green bee patterns flickr group?
Happy quilting!
xoxo
Alexia
http://www.flickr.com/groups/greenbeepatterns/