Friday, July 5, 2013

Shabby Chic Easy Chevron Quilt

Chevrons have been popular in the design world for a while.  I liked the look, but had trouble achieving it with a quilt until I found a great tutorial here on Pinterest. My previous attempts either didn't match, or I hated how the colors looked when I was done.  I really liked Stitched in Color's approach - it's very flexible and easy to follow.

I decided to use vintage sheets and other shabby chic-looking fabrics to do a little test.  Although I had some issues with the free motion quilting along the way, I'm really happy with the final result:

I used a pretty green floral vintage sheet for the backing, and cut the binding from a pretty Ralph Lauren thrifted sheet.


This is a mini version, cutting strips now for a bigger version.  I'm thinking something to cover the long dresser in my bedroom (which I want to repaint, but haven't yet started).

Anyone else try this technique?  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Love the shabby chic look.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Love the shabby chic look.